Subject: Join the Launch of the WHO World Report on Social Determinants of Health Equity, 6 May 2025 13:00-14:00CET
From: "BROWN, Christine Elisabeth" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>, "salutinternacional" <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>, "Aliaksandr Khajayeu" <[email-masked]>, "M. L. De Raedt" <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>, "Ms O. Sotirova" <[email-masked]>,Ms S. Žabica <[email-masked]>, "Ioanna Gregoriou" <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>, "Asta Viktoria Jakobsen" <[email-masked]>,Helen Sõber, "Kuivasniemi Outi \(STM\)" <[email-masked]>, "MILLET, Bertrand \(DAEI/BUREAU INT
Cc: "BROWN, Christine Elisabeth" <[email-masked]>, "SIENKIEWICZ, Dorota" <[email-masked]>, "HYDE, Melanie" <[email-masked]>, "SELIVANOV, Milena" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2025 18:00:52 +0300

Tähelepanu! Tegemist on välisvõrgust saabunud kirjaga.
Tundmatu saatja korral palume linke ja faile mitte avada.

Tähelepanu! Tegemist on välisvõrgust saabunud kirjaga.
Tundmatu saatja korral palume linke ja faile mitte avada.

Dear National Focal Points and Dear National Technical Focal Points for 
Equity and social determinants of health,

We are delighted to invite you to join the live-streamed 
<https://www.who.int/news-room/events/detail/2025/05/06/default-calendar/launch-of-the-world-report-on-social-determinants-of-health-equity> 
Launch of the World Report on Social Determinants of Health Equity on 
Tuesday, 6 May 2025, from 13:00 – 14:00 CEST  signposting how policy makers 
can ensure everyone can prosper and be healthy through taking systematic 
action on the social, economic realities of peoples lives.

This new World Report, was requested by 
<https://apps.who.int/gb/ebwha/pdf_files/WHA74/A74_R16-en.pdf> World Health 
Assembly Resolution 74.16, and brings to countries and partners the latest 
data and evidence for why and how we can drive down health inequities in 
every community and country across the globe, through taking systematic 
action on the social and economic realities of people’s lives.  The report 
and companion products, which include case studies, policy briefs and 
capacity building fora, will assist national-level policy dialogues and 
decision-making on what needs to be done to close these preventable gaps in 
health wellbeing and prosperous lives within and between countries.

The World Report supports our own WHO European Regional work on health 
equity and social determinants, including a) an online interactive data 
portal to enable all countries to identify who is being left behind, why and 
what policy interventions would be most impactful b) capacity building on i) 
reducing inequities in childhood and youth  and ii) equity proofing 
demographic shifts for healthy aging for all c ) Launch of the Second 
pan-European Health Equity Status Report in October 2025, setting out state 
of the art analysis of the status and trends in health equity and wellbeing 
in every country and sub region in Europe. Highlighting the policy progress 
made to create healthy living, working and learning settings and modelling 
the economic, social  and public sector impacts from reducing health 
inequities.  Do get in touch with the Health Equity Team if you wish to know 
more about this process or visit us for resources and inspiration: 
<https://www.who.int/europe/health-topics/social-determinants-of-health/addressing-socially-determined-health-inequities-through-entry-points#tab=tab_1> 
Addressing socially determined health inequities through entry points, 
<https://www.who.int/europe/initiatives/who-european-well-being-economy-initiative> 
WHO European Well-being Economy Initiative,  Special Initiative on Violence 
against Women and Girls (SIVAWG) 
<https://www.who.int/europe/initiatives/special-initiative-on-violence-against-women-and-girls-sivawg> 
feel free to contact Chris Brown, [email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> , 
Dorota Sienkiewicz  [email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> , 
Melanie Hyde [email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]>  and Milena Selivanov 
<mailto:[email-masked]> [email-masked]

The agenda for the launch of the Global Report includes:

*	A presentation of the World Report on Social Determinants of Health 
Equity, highlighting its key findings and recommendations
*	Reflections from Member States
*	A high-level panel discussion on taking the health equity agenda forward
*	Statements from WHO leadership

A range of materials (such as PowerPoint slides, summaries, and social media 
templates) will be available to those who wish to disseminate and 
personalize the launch and related materials from the World Report.

We hope to see many of you next week, and we look forward to working 
together to build more just and equitable societies.

Best regards,

Chris

Chris Brown

Head, WHO European Office for Investment  for Health and Development

Venice, Italy

WHO Regional Office for Europe

 <mailto:[email-masked]> [email-masked]

+3475382758

 <https://www.who.int/europe/news-room/events/item/2024/04/09/default-calendar/reimagining-an-economy-for-resilient-and-healthier-societies-that-leave-no-one-behind> 
Reimagining an economy for resilient and healthier societies that leave no 
one behind (who.int)